71in Manduga PROlite Travel Yoga and Pilates Mat

Manduka 71-Inch PROlite Travel Yoga and Pilates Mat (Purple)

Manduka 71-Inch PROlite Travel Yoga and Pilates Mat (Purple)
It's great mat, thicker mat but light, not heavy at all, very comfortable to travel with.
These guys make the best mats out there. My last one held up for 8 years (the thickest ones last even longer, I'm told), and this one is even better. While I was enjoying my old mat, they were clearly making product improvements...Amazon also saved me 10% to 15% versus other sites.


  1. Light 4-1/2 pounds for easy transport to yoga studio or retreat
  2. Non-stick, grip prevents slippage due to perspiration
  3. Provides stability on hard or soft surfaces
  4. Comfortably cushions spine, hips, knees, and elbows from hard floors
  5. Superior wear and longevity
I bought this a month ago after lots of research between this and the jade mat. I ended up going with this and was prepared to wait for it to break in. The first few tries were rough, the mat was really slippery. I washed it with dish soap and sea salt, scrubbed it and hosed it off and left it to dry in the sun. That seemed it help a bit but it still was slippery. I usually bring a little towel to class to wipe my sweat so I used that to wipe my hands on I would just put it under my hands so they wouldn't slip. Today I took a class and it was better. A little slippery but much better then it was. I think it will only get better with time. Maybe I'll give another review in a few weeks! Definitely reccomend though. It's awesome. Really sturdy and comfy.

The PROlite (formally called Purplelite) Travel Mat from Manduka is designed for high performance, but in a lightweight version that's great for taking on the road. Ideal for yoga and Pilates practioners. It travels as easily to a nearby yoga class as it does to a yoga vacation retreat. Like all of our mats, the Prolite Travel Mat is designed for performance, longevity, and comfort. Its surface resists slipping when wet from perspiration, its firmness resists bunching and remains flat even when practicing on carpet or with sticky feet. Unlike most other mats, the Prolite Travel Mat has a specific top and bottom surface. These mats have been designed to last a lifetime (or two). The 71-inch Prolite Travel Mat is 24-inches wide by 71-inches long by 3/16-inch thick and weighs approximately 4pounds.This yoga mat is lightweight enough to carry back and forth to the studio, or pack for a retreat. Plus, it’s made from high-performance material designed to endure a lifetime of yoga practice. The mat has a specific top and bottom surface. The top’s sticky surface keeps feet firmly rooted during balancing poses, such as Warrior or Downward Facing Dog. The bottom side remains stable on hard floors or carpet and won’t shift during movement. Although only 3/16 inch thick, the mat provides ample cushioning for spine, hips, knees, and elbows during restful positions such as Child’s or Plow pose. For safe practicing, the mat’s surface remains slip-free, even when wet with perspiration. Measuring 71 inches long and 24 inches wide; the mat is long enough for tall yoga practitioners, yet light enough for students of nearly every size and age to carry. --Cristina Vaamonde

Rating:
Normal Price: $ 72.00 Price: $ 65.00 More details

Advertisements

No comments:

Post a Comment