Manduka eKO Lite 3mm Yoga Mat

This mat replaced my pathetically ancient yoga mat that had fallen victim to my cats. I used it for the first time in a class (no time for a test run at home!), and it was so slip-proof that I had trouble correcting my stances at first (sliding a foot slightly to the left, etc.) but I think it's helped my practice a ton since I no longer have to concentrate on not slipping! I sweat a ton too, and no troubles there either. Yes, it does smell really odd...I would suggest avoiding leaving it in your car on a hot day before washing it, but after I washed it and hung it up, the smell is less noticeable.


eKO Mat Features:
  1. Made from non-Amazon harvested, natural tree rubber
  2. Most durable mat on the market
  3. Only non-toxic foaming agents and non-AZO dyes used in manufacturing
  4. Developed over 3 years by yoga teachers
  5. Designed to provide the ultimate combination of cushion and grip
  6. No PVC or toxic plasticizers
  7. Weight: 3.5 pounds
  8. Dimensions: 68 by 24 by 1/8 inches (L x W x D)
  9. available 8 colors:

eKo yoga mat reviews:

- Exellent Mat
This is a thin rubber mat, not too stretchy like some out there. Surface has an almost fabric like quality with a non-slip solid grounded feel to it. I am on this thing several times a day and am really digging it. Yum-yum as far as yoga mats go. They have a thicker one if you need more cush, but I like a firm surface for just about everything. The colors are saturated and rich. I have Denim, Camo, and Acai - all dreamy.


- Great, stay-put matI originally purchased a cheaper mat and discovered that all yoga mats are not created equal. The cheap mat rolled up with every movement I made, resulting in me fighting with it the entire class vs me really enjoying the flow. I finally caved and spent the extra money on a Manduka (the eKO) and it's a world of a difference. It stays put, while not being slippery - I move, not the mat (the way it should be!).

The only cons I noticed are the distinct natural rubber odor (which the packaging clearly recognizes and says will dissipate over time). I would note that it is definitely not as 'stinky' as synthetic rubber options out there. The other slight con would be that the padding is not very thick, which I don't mind but it's a personal preference.

Overall a great purchase, one I should have made from the beginning.


- Excellent quality, best for travelAlthough this mat is still a bit heavy considering how thin it is, that's because it's actually a quality mat -- unlike the super-light foam ones that quickly fall apart -- and it's still far better to carry to and fro than the original Manduka mat which weighs a ton and hardly fits in my mat bag. It's fine on a thin carpet or wood floor (if you don't need much padding) but on a thicker carpet this mat would definitely bunch up. It is nice and grippy right out of the box and -- call me strange -- I sort of like the rubber smell. It's kind of "rubber meets incense" somehow. All in all, great for travel but if you're looking for something to use everyday at home, get the black mat or the thicker eco-friendly mat.


1 comment:

  1. I been looking at getting a yoga mat for a while. Is there a different between a normal mats and discount yoga mats?

    ReplyDelete